Whether we have your details because you subscribe to our newsletter, have requested a catalogue, or have bought products on this site, they will be kept confidential and will not be passed on to third parties. Under Data Protection legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage & disclosure of information that is passed to us by our customers, to prevent unauthorised access. We do not run or participate in any junk email marketing campaigns.
Taikyu Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
ONLINE WEBSITE ORDERS
All browsing and payments on Taikyu and associated websites are all secure via an encrypted https connection.
“When you shop with a merchant who uses Paypal you can be assured that your card details are securely encrypted during transport over the Internet so no one can read your card information. The card details are only transported to a Bank to authorise your purchase. We process secure online payments for UK businesses, while complying with the highest level of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCIDSS).
Paypal guarantees that we will never:
– pass on your financial details
– pass on any personal information gathered when you place an order
– sell or rent your details. You will never receive junk mail as a result of using Paypal
– leave invasive technologies such as cookies on your machine
– exploit your details in any way”
If you would like more information, please https://www.paypal.com/
DATA WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR WEBSITE:
- Name and Address Information when you register or checkout
- Contact Telephone Number and Email Address
- Connecting computers IP address for Location
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Location specific websites for end user.
- Analytics of website traffics
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Please note – we do share customer data with courier companies in order to complete orders.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you require more information on what cookies we use in details and how they work, please feel free to contact us.
EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by our privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
YOUR RIGHTS FOR THE INFORMATION WE HOLD
You can find the information we hold on yourself, in your account on our website.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible – firstname.lastname@example.org We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.